The European Physiology Modules facility (EPM) is a modular facility onboard the European ISS module Columbus, for support of human physiology research.
First flight of EPM (EPM-1) is presently foreseen to support science in the areas:
- Cardiovascular / Cardiopulmonary Physiology
- Bone Physiology
EPM will be integrated into an ISPR rack and will perform this task in close co-function with the NASA equivalent rack, the Human Research Facility (HRF).
For the initial flight, EPM will contain the following Science Modules:
- Bone Analysis Module (BAM)
- Multi-Electrode Electroencephalography Module (MEEMM)
- Cardiolab, consisting of an array of equipment for physiological monitoring and stimulation
- Body Movement Monitoring Device (ELITE)
- Physiological Pressure Measurement Device (PPMD)
- Skin Blood Flow Measurement Device Blood Kits, Urine Kits, Saliva Kits